Welcome to 2019!
I hope you had a happy and prosperous holiday season!
If you fell off the nutritional wagon over the holidays, it is time to get back on track. This week take a few moments to review the 5 Basic Nutritional Habits:
- Eat Slowly and to 80% Full
- Eat 1 Serving of Lean Protein with each meal (animal of vegetable based protein)
- Eat 2-3 Servings of Vegetables per Meal. Include some Fruit (1 serving = 1/2 cup/ 1 fist size)
- Consume Starchy Carbs only After Exercise if You Want to Lose Fat (potatoes, rice, bread, pasta)
- Focus on Healthy Fats (nuts, seeds, eggs, avocado, fatty fish, olives)
Next pick 1 and only 1 of the habits to focus on this week. Trying to do too many new things at once can lead to feeling overwhelmed, deprived, and frustrated all of which can lead to noncompliance. Keep it simple and do your best each day. Don’t beat yourself up if you mess up a little. It’s ok. Just get a little better each day. Stick with this habit for 1-2 weeks then add a new habit. Keep rebuilding your habits 1 at a time until you are reacquainted with each one.
If you stuck to your nutritional plan over the holidays. Great Job!!! You’ve truly built up some great nutritional habits.
Keep up the good work and check back on Friday for a new tip that will help keep you moving in the right direction.
If you want help building your own good nutritional habits this year, sign up for our next session starting 1/7/19. Space is limited! Click here to find out more or visit: https://procoach.app/wellnessphx