- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups eggplant, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, cut length-wise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and bay leaf until translucent. Stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Add eggplant and continue cooking 8-10 minutes until eggplant is soft.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, and salt.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat, add basil, and pepper to taste.
Serve Ratatouille alone or over steamed rice, eggs, or tofu.