Sweet berries and creamy avocado come together on crunchy toast for this breakfast favorite! Oh yeah, and it is nutritious! The avocado provides healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, fiber, and potassium, while the berries supply antioxidants, vitamin C, and manganese.
Berry Delicious Avocado Toast
- 2 slices multigrain bread or gluten free bread
- 1 large avocado, ripened
- 1/3 cup blueberries, rinsed
- 1/3 cup strawberries, rinse and quartered
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Scoop avocado into a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Gently fold in blueberries and strawberries.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or in a skillet*
- Top each slice of toast with 1/2 of the avocado mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
*If you do not have a toaster, you can toast the bread in a skillet: brush both sides lightly with butter, place in a skillet preheated over medium heat, grill until lightly browned then flip over and repeat on the other side.
This toast is great alone and makes a terrific side dish to a green salad or eggs.
Are you ready to learn more about eating healthy? My nutritional coaching program can help you develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime. Sign up now!