Nutty red quinoa and sweet, crunchy watermelon combine in this unique and delicious summer salad.
Watermelon Quinoa Salad
- 3/4 cup red quinoa
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cup watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 2/3 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa.
- In a sauce pan, bring water to a boil, add quinoa and cook for 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Once quinoa cools, mix in watermelon, parsley, scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Toss to coat and salt to taste.
- Fold in feta cheese.