Kale Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 cups kale, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 cup goat cheese or non-dairy cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add apples, yellow pepper, water/broth, and salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until apples soften.
- Add kale, cover and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Place kale mixture in a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide kale mixture evenly between 4 Portobello mushrooms.
- Line a baking sheet parchment paper.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from oven, sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons goat cheese, bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.