Cold winter days make me crave soup. Unfortunately, finding healthy, gluten free soups is a tough task. That’s why I love this recipe for gluten free chicken noodle soup. I usually make a double batch and freeze some for later days.
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, raw, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces gluten free pasta, elbows, shells, or spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add carrots, celery, and onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic a sauté 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to chicken broth.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Add pasta and simmer until pasta is tender. Stir frequently to keep pasta from sticking.
- Serve with small salad or warm crusty bread.