Last week I shared a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats. This week I want to share another of my favorite overnight oat recipes, Apple Pie Overnight Oats. This recipe is a delicious, quick, and healthy way to enjoy the flavors of apple pie on the run.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup steel cut or old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup apple, diced
- 1/4 cup milk, dairy or nondairy
- 1/4 Greek yogurt (or applesauce if you want to limit dairy and add more apple flavor)
- 1/3 teaspoon apple pie spice (or 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, dash cardamom)
- 1-2 tablespoon pecans, chopped or chia seeds
- Combine oats, apple, milk, yogurt/applesauce, spices, and chia seeds (if you are using them) in a bowl or mason jar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- When you are ready, add additional milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Sprinkle on pecans or additional chopped apple if you like an extra crunch.