As few days ago, I shared a few tips for a healthy Super Bowl party (Healthy Super Bowl Tips. In this post, I would like to share a few of my favorite Super Bowl Recipes.
Grilled chicken replaces chips in this low carb version of nachos.
1 pound chicken breast cutlets or tenders
1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup jalapeno, diced
1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil chicken, place on preheated grille and cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Combine beans, onion, and jalapeño in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place cooked chicken on lightly greased baking sheet and top each cutlet with 1/4 cup black bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Place chicken in oven and bake 5-10 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Top “NOTchos” with salsa and serve.
Serving – 1 cutlet per person
Hummus and Vegetables
3 cups broccoli, in pieces
3 cups cauliflower, in pieces
3 cups cucumber, sliced
2 cups baby carrots
2 cups green peppers, sliced
2 cups red peppers, sliced
1 recipe basic hummus
-Wash and chop vegetables.
-Arrange vegetables in platter around bowl of hummus.
Jalapeno Pineapple Margarita Mocktail
Sweet and savory, this mocktail will satisfy your cocktail craving without the alcohol.
1″ piece pineapple
2 slices jalapeno
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz sparkling water, unflavored
Salt, to rim glass
- Muddle pineapple and jalapeno in cocktail shaker.
- Add lime juice, pineapple juice, and ice. Shake.
- Strain mixture over ice into glass rimmed with salt.
- Add sparkling water.
- Garnish with slice of pineapple and jalapeño.