Hummus is quick and easy to prepare and makes a delicious nutritious snack.
- 2 – 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 5 tablespoons tahini, well mixed*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, water, and garlic in a food processor. Process all ingredients until smooth.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Serve with whole grain crackers, raw vegetables, or chicken.
*If you’re looking for a little variety, try replacing the tahini with 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, pureed pumpkin, or chopped jalapenos.