Roasted vegetables make a delicious and versatile option for adding more vegetables to your diet. This recipe makes a large batch which can be frozen and used in future meals.
Feel free to use any seasonally available vegetables or pick your favorites.
2 cups zucchini, chopped
2 cups yellow squash, chopped
2 cups cauliflower, chopped
2 cups asparagus, chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons rice bran oil**
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix vegetables, garlic, and oil** in a large bowl until all vegetables are lightly oiled.
- Transfer vegetables to 2 baking sheets.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until soft, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let the vegetables cool.
- Portion cooled vegetables into 1 cup containers.
- Store in freezer until ready to use.
Use roasted vegetables as a side dish, in a salad, as a topping for pizza, or in pasta sauce.