Eating healthy doesn’t need to be boring. This protein packed “danish” made with non-fat cottage cheese and flavorful spices is a delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth and start your morning with whole grains and calcium.
- 1 slice toasted whole grain bread (or gluten free bread)
- 1/4 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup berries (if desired)
- Toast the bread.
- Combine cottage cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweetener.
- Spread on toast and place under the broiler until the cottage cheese begins to bubble.
- Top with berries.
- Serve while warm.
Makes 1 serving.