As I write this, I am sitting on my patio on a sunny, 80 degree afternoon while sipping a glass of wine, and listening to the birds sing and chirp merrily. It is blissful and I am grateful.
There are so many things to be grateful for every moment of every day that we can often take some of life’s simple pleasures for granted. But, if we take a few short moments each day to stop and reflect on what we have to be thankful for in that moment, we can begin to see how truly fortunate we are, even if that particular instant is not one of our best or happiest. Finding things to express gratitude for, even the smallest things, opens us up to receive many more circumstances, events, and individuals for which to be grateful. It is a not so vicious cycle…
When I wake up in the morning, I set a reminder on my phone for a random time of day that will focus my attention on being grateful then and there! When I do this, without exception, my day gets better, I feel happier, inspired, relaxed, and work becomes easier and more enjoyable.
It is a great way to give yourself a non-caffeinated pick me up!
Try it! You will be amazed at your results!
So without further ado, here is what I am grateful for right now:
- I am grateful for sunny days.
- I am grateful that my ears allow me to hear the birds singing.
- I am grateful for my glass of wine.
- I am grateful for my faithful dog, Jake.
- I am grateful it is warm outside.
- I am grateful for the beautiful flowers blooming in my yard.
- I am grateful I live in a quiet, peaceful, and friendly neighborhood.
- I am grateful to the Universe for the creative inspiration to write this post.
- I am grateful I awoke to this amazing day.
- I am grateful to YOU for reading this blog!
Until next time, have a happy, healthy, grateful day!!!