Happy June 1st!
The first day of the month is a terrific time to reevaluate your goals and create an action plan for the month that will help you move in the direction of your dreams.
Over the past few months, I have been encouraging you to write down and review what you would like to achieve over the next 2 years. If you have not written your list yet, checkout my past blog, What are You Going to Achieve in the Next 2 Years, to get started.
In my post, What’s My Motivation?, I encouraged you to consider the motivation behind your goals. Without a strong motivation to achieve your goals, it can be difficult to find the time, inspiration, and will power to keep moving forward.
Now that you are aware of the motivation behind your desired achievements your list may have changed. Today, I encourage you to rewrite your list and prioritize it based on the motivation behind it. The stronger your motivation the higher on the list the achievement should be.
Once you have recreated your list, try to think of 1-2 things you can do this month to help you progress toward your goal. You can do this with each goal if you choose, but I prefer to focus on 3-4 high priority goals. I tend to be easily distracted so this helps me stay focused.
Here are a few examples from my list:
- I will have >1000 followers to my health and wellness blog by 11/1/16
- Spend 1-2 hours per week reading and commenting on other blogs
- Create 2-3 high quality, informative posts per week
- I will donate $1000 to childrens’ charities in 2016
- Collect pocket change at the end of each day and deposit it into the donation box at my local market each week.
- I will finish my yoga certification classes by 8/1/16
- Spend 20 minutes each day studying and practicing.
- I will purchase a Jeep Wrangler XL by 12/1/16
- Deposit money into a “new car fund” each week
Each week I create a schedule of the action steps I choose to take that week to ensure I am sticking to my plan:
- Spend 20 minutes discovering and reading other blogs
- Spend 20 minutes reading yoga manuals
- Spend 1 hour reviewing scheduled blog posts and writing new posts
- Listen to 1 podcast related to my areas of interest
This trick helps keep me organized. You may have different techniques to help you stay on track, so use whatever works for you (and please feel free to share your tips below).
Reflecting on what you choose to achieve helps you maintain focus and stay on track. Having a clearly defined action plan guarantees you will continually make progress in the direction of your dreams.
Keep moving forward and until next time have a happy, healthy day!
I would love to help you achieve your dreams. Fill out the contact form below to schedule your 1-on-1 session with me!