It is almost time for Week 3 of this month’s WellWork exercise, but before we move on I want to check on your progress with week 2.
Have you taken time to consider the motivations behind your goal?
What have you discovered about yourself and your relationship to the goal?
Are you surprised by what you have learned so far?
As I said I will share my progress with you so here is what I have come up with so far:
My goal for the month:
I am excited that more than 1000 people have given me the opportunity to help them achieve their health and wellness goals through my “Get Fit Newsletter.” I am having fun learning new things that I can share with my subscribers. I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment each time someone subscribes to the newsletter.
My reasons for wanting to reach this goal are:
- I want to help people learn about health and wellness and teach them how to apply that knowledge.
- I want to increase my own knowledge and understanding of health topics.
- I want to share my passion for health and fitness.
- I feel it is important for people to have a reliable unbiased resource to turn to for health and wellness information.
- The newsletter gives me the opportunity to write. Writing is one of my best skills and something I enjoy doing.
- And of course, I want to earn a living.
Remember as you create your list over the next few days do not judge your reasons. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make money, take better care of yourself, or get a little offhanded “revenge” on an old flame by rocking a smokin’ hot body.
Don’t rush through this exercise. Keep it in the back of your mind and add to the list as new thoughts or reasons come to you.
Looking at your list of motivations for reaching a goal can help you decide:
- Whether your reasons for reaching your goal fit your personal mission statement.
- If you need to further revise your goal.
- What steps you can take to move toward your goal.
- And consider if you still want to achieve this goal.
There is nothing worse than spending time working toward a goal only to discover that what you thought you wanted to achieve will not make you feel happy or successful because it conflicts with your deep core values or because your motivation was to please someone else rather than yourself.
Have fun with this activity and enjoy the process. You can share your list or your ideas in the comment section below.
And as always have a happy healthy day and look for WellWork week #3 on January 16th.